Friday, May 14, 2010

6 Months...

My sweet baby Beau, you turned 6 months old this week!!  How could a whole half of a year have already sped past??  You continue to surprise and amaze us.  You are the sweetest, happy baby and I love you for it!  You are very laid back (comparatively speaking:) and are so easy to "run around" with.  I am enjoying every single minute I get to spend with you (even at 3:00 AM).
Here you are on your 6 month birthday!!!
~you have mastered sitting up.  It's your favorite way to sit and play these days.

~you are jabbering up a storm.  You are VERY vocal, but I haven't heard anything that sounds like a real word yet :)
~you are starting to LOVE baby food.  Your favorites right now are peaches, sweet potatoes, squash and cereal
~we are experimenting with a sippy cup.  You still won't take a bottle, so I'm hoping you will love your sippy cup very soon!
~you weigh 16 pounds, 6 ounces (25% percentile)

~you are 27 inches long (75% percentile)

~your head is 17 1/4 inches (50% percentile)

~you are still wearing a Size 2 diaper

~all of your summer clothes are 6-9 months

~you still sleep in footed pajamas with a "sleep sack" over them.   I'm still too nervous to put a blanket in your bed with you!
~you are rolling all over the place.  You can get across the room pretty quickly just rolling.

~you are starting to get up on your knees some like you are getting ready to crawl.  Sometimes you bounce up an down on your stomach trying to do "the worm".
~you will sit in the floor and play with toys for a long time.  You also LOVE to jump in your Exersaucer!!

~you love to be talked to!  You babble back and giggle at everyone.
~you still love your mommy milk and are still nursing every 3-4 hours during the day.

~you go to sleep around 8:00 and usually wake up around 3:00ish to nurse.  Then you usually sleep until around 6:30ish.
~you LOVE to grab for my phone!!  Sometimes you actually manage to pick it up (see above:)

~you are becoming a professional baseball game watcher.  So far you have done great!  You really like sitting in your stroller!!
~your brothers STILL compete for your attention.  In the mornings they get in trouble for taking so long to get ready for school.  They just can't leave you alone long enough to get ready!!
You are one LOVED boy!!  You are the best gift I never thought I would have!!!  I love you and can't wait to watch as you continue to learn and grow!!

1 comment:

Sherry Drennan said...

Sweet baby Beau! Where has the time gone? You and Whitney are growing so fast!!