Monday, May 24, 2010

First Lake Day!!

Yesterday we headed out for our first day at the lake this summer!!  Mom volunteered to stay home with Beau (Thanks Nonnie), so it was Travis, Poppy, Blake, Evan, and I.  We had SO much fun!!  All I could remember was how miserable I was last year, but not being pregnant makes for a MUCH nicer experience!!
Here is the crew getting everything ready to go!
It was such a perfect day!  Not too hot, but warm enough the water felt great. 
I love this...all 3 of them checking out whatever???
Travis showing off on the skis!!
Safety First!!  Blake was the flag man most of the afternoon!
Blake and Poppy hanging out...
Me and my honey!  Wow, really bad wet lake hair :)
Dad bought a new knee board and none of us had ever even tried one before.  So, it was a little trial and error, but they finally got it figured out!  Here is Evan showing off.
Travis showing off his knee boarding skills...
Poppy and Ev
Dad also bought a new set of "junior" skis so that the boys could learn to ski.  Evan was bound and determined to learn, but it turned out to be harder than he thought.  We had watched a "how to" video the night before, so he had a good idea of what to do, but the skis were heavy and it was hard for him to get lined up and get the rope by himself.  So, I jumped in and helped him.  I would grab the rope for him, then get behind him and hold the skis straight until the boat started moving.  It took MANY tries, but he finally got it!!! 

Here he is coming out of the water for the first time!
Evan and I in the water getting ready.  The funny thing was that when he finally got it and he took off skiing, I was left just floating out in the middle of the lake. :)
My big boys!!
Blake loved the knee board!!  He was a little hesitant at first, but once he got the hang of it, he wouldn't get off! 

Here he is showing off with no hands :)
Cuties!!
Wow, my hair just got worse and worse :)
We had such a great afternoon.  We are so glad Poppy decided to get such a fun boat!!  We are all looking forward to many more fun days on the lake this summer!!

4 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

I love it! Makes me miss the boat that my dad had. Which lake do you go to? Blake looks so grown up! Makes me sad!

April, Steve & Lowery said...

Oh this brings back memories of our old days at the lake. I miss them! The closest I've been to a boat in a VERY long time was at the Bass Pro Shop store the other day with Lowery and my Dad where I parked my fat self on a pontoon (very, very nice pontoon I might add) until they got done shopping. Looks like you all had a blast!!

meeksmiles33 said...

What fun!! You all are going to have a blast this summer!

Mischelle Coston said...

Looks like fun was had by all!