Today has been such a perfect day! I have enjoyed every minute of it! Travis and I started the day off with just Beau. The big boys spent the night with Nonnie and Poppy last night. I was determined to get some pictures of us before church this morning. I think this is just precious of Travis and Beau!!!
I actually got one of him smiling with me too!!
Before we even made it to the car he had a MAJOR blow-out, so outfit #2 went on before we could leave the house. Blake loves his Bubba SO much!
We came back to the house for a little bit after church so that I could feed Beau and we could open presents. I LOVE this picture of all my boys!!!
Blake made mom a paper weight out of clay. Actually, this is the second one. The first one he made at school he hid under his desk in his room so mom wouldn't see it when she came over earlier in the week. I didn't know this, and when I vacuumed on Tuesday I accidentally sucked up the masterpiece :( So, before I even told him I went to Wal-Mart and bought more clay and paint. He very cheerfully made a new one and says the new one is even better. He was SO sweet not to be mad at me!!!
Here is Blake and Nonnie with the masterpiece!!
The boys both made me gifts at school. I got a candy dish from Evan and a recipe card holder from Blake. They both also made the sweetest cards. I truly love their homemade gifts. They are always SO very proud of them. Evan also made an "All About My Mom..." question and answer sheet. The only really interesting things were: My favorite thing to do with my mom is go to Wal-mart. Hmmm, I'm really exciting, huh. The other most precious thing...I love my mom more than anything. Just melts my heart!!
Travis absolutely won husband of the year today!!! He got me the most amazing gifts!! The first is a stamped necklace with all three boys names on it. The actual necklace isn't here yet, so he gave me a picture of the sample. I'm VERY, VERY thrilled about this!!! We got my mom one for Christmas and I admire it all the time!!
The other gift is just incredible. He MADE me a bound copy of my blog from 2009!!!! I had blogged last week about ordering my 2008 blog book. Well, he had mentioned that he thought he could do it. All I can say is WOW, he has got skills!!! (and an office with enough supplies to rival Kinkos). It is just perfect. He was able to space it just the way I wanted. He made a cover and a dedication page. Just perfect!!!
I also got the sweetest devotional book from my sweet, sweet mother-in-law. Thank you so much NaNa!! We missed you today!!!
My day just kept getting better. After all that, we loaded up and headed to Ft. Smith to eat lunch at Rolandos. We had reservations so we walked right in and sat down. That is, hands down, my absolute FAVORITE place to eat in Ft. Smith. I enjoyed every single bite!! If you have never eaten there, you are SO missing out. Guacamole is TO DIE FOR.I'm SO very thankful to be a mom. Today was my first mother's day as a mom of 3. I woke up this morning and just couldn't get over how blessed I felt. My boys mean the world to me and I'm overwhelmed with just how much I love them!! I just couldn't ask for a more amazing husband and family.
I'm also so thankful for MY mom. She is the reason I am the mom I am today. I learned how to be a mom from her and she is a GREAT example. I don't ever want to take for granted how blessed I am. I'm so glad that my parents live so close!! My boys just don't know how fortunate they are to have grandparents who are teaching them by their example. Thanks Mom for being such an amazing role model and friend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment