This afternoon I didn't get Beau down for his nap until about 2:30. I rushed around really quickly and cleaned my bathroom (#1 on my to do list today) and decided to go ahead and start mowing the front yard. It's looking like a jungle:)
So, I got started about 2:50. Blake came walking home about 3:10, saw me mowing, and immediately said that he would go change clothes and come help me. It just really touched me that he was so eager to help me. I usually have to tell them 10 times to go mow before they actually do it. I could tell he didn't like to see me doing it. That makes me happy!!
When Evan came walking home about 5 minutes later, he also went in and got his mowing clothes on. In the mean time, Snowy dug out of the back yard (for the 10th time in the last couple of days). When Blake finished his turn mowing, he went out in the back yard and fixed the hole. He didn't just go put the dirt back, either. He buried a couple of logs and a cinder block at the place where she has been digging out. His engineering mind went to work:)
I just walked back in from the back yard, where Evan had the lawn mower upside down, "washing" it with the water hose. After the washing, he couldn't get it to start again:). We finally got it started and it is blowing crazy smoke out the side. I called Travis and he said it was ok, so he is mowing again. I"m watching out the window, hoping nothing explodes:)
I'm mostly writing this so I don't forget. I love these boys and that they are willing to work hard for me. They make me very, very proud!!
1 comment:
Those Bartlett Boys are good ones!
Post a Comment