Monday, September 19, 2011

Pittbull Football!!!

Well, Evan is officially a football player!!  He is LOVING it!  After practicing 3 days/week for 2 hours for many weeks, we are finally playing!  He is on the Gray team.

Here is the only pic I got at the Pittbull Kickoff!  Beau was being terrible, so there wasn't much picture taking going on.  They all got to run through the bulldog!
 They played their first game against a team from Van Buren.  They were all SO nervous!  He is #49.  He looks so big standing down there!
 In action.  He plays right guard on offense and defensive end on defense.  That means absolutely nothing to me.  I have trouble knowing when they are playing offense or defense.  I'm really trying to learn, but the learning curve is steep for me!
 This little guy was a pill at the first game.  He doesn't like having to stay in one place.  The puppy on his back helped a little:)
 Taking a water break!
 Nonnie wresting Beau.
 Our fam after the first game.  They lost, and Evan was very disappointed!
 This past Saturday we played the Greenwood White team.  Here is Ev getting to be captain before the game for the coin toss.
 Getting ready!
 In action!
 It's really hard for me to watch.  I am SO nervous for him, plus I can't keep track of him.  I will finally manage to watch him make a play, but then I missed the rest because I was watching him,  so I have no idea what happened.  It's really frustrating being so football stupid!!
 Evan has been practicing field goal kicking.  He kicked after the first touchdown and missed.  But, the second time he kicked...HE MADE IT!!!!  I was screaming like a crazy woman!!  I was SO proud!!  He has always said he wanted to be the kicker, and he is finally getting to try it out!  Talk about making your momma nervous;)  After that, he made several really good tackles!  I could tell his confidence was up.  They won the game and he was so happy!

Here he comes after the game!
 Looking tough;)
 He just looks so BIG!
 He refuses to smile in his football uniform.  Football players are too tough to smile:)
 This is Evan with his friend L.D. from the White team.  I'm so glad that after the game they high-fived each other and posed for me:)  No hard feelings between them.  I'm so glad that all the 3rd grade teams practice together.  It makes it hard to be rivals that way!
I'm already looking forward to next Saturday.  We have our first "away" game...all the way in Charleston:)

No comments: