Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sharon's Last MOPS

 On March 14 we had our last MOPS meeting with the "Boss of MOPS".  Another sad day.  I had quite a few sad days in a row.  Depressing, actually.  Anyway, we didn't make it all sad and sappy because neither Sharon or I were up for the emotional roller coaster that would cause:).  Instead, sweet Pam, our mentor mom, kinda gave a farewell lesson/speech.  It was really good, and was very encouraging.

We got a cool cookie cake tried to be happy:)  Obviously, Sharon had cried a few tears at this point.
 A group picture.  We got a frame with a big mat and all signed it, and put this picture inside as a gift for Sharon.
 TERRIBLE picture, but as I've learned, in a few years when I look back that won't matter.
 Sweet pic of Pam and Sharon.
I was really glad when this day was over.  It was SUCH an emotional day for me.  (Ha!  I'm not even going anywhere:).  Something about the finality of it was just almost too much to handle. 

Over all the weeks and months of knowing she was leaving, Sharon and I managed to almost never cry at the same time.  This day was one of the few exceptions.  Glad it happened, glad its over!!

No comments: