Monday, April 30, 2012

Sick Baby Boy

 The Sunday after Razorfest we got up and went to church, then went to LaFiesta for lunch with Nonnie and Poppy.  Beau was happy and fine until about halfway through the meal.  Then he just sort of wilted.  He curled up in my lap and was burning up!  By the time we got home, his temperature was 102.6.  I gave him some Tylenol and put him down for a nap.  When he woke up his temp was 103.2.  I gave him some Motrin and he sat down on the couch.  Beau NEVER sits anywhere, so I knew he was pretty miserable.
By about 6:00 his temp was up to 104.4.  I was starting to get worried.  My mom came by to see him, and we stripped him down and put him in the tub.  After about an hour and more Tylenol it was down to 102ish.  

We had a pretty miserable night.  At 3:00 AM his temp was up to 104.6.  I was really bracing myself for a seizure.  He was SO  lethargic and HOT!!  After Tylenol and Motrin and about 1 1/2 hours it came back down to 102ish again.

We were in Dr. Whitaker's office by 9:30 the next morning.  Bless his sweet heart, he had strep throat and an ear infection.  We got some antibiotics and came home.  He wanted to lay on the couch.  For the first time in his life, he actually curled up and laid down on the couch.  I knew we was miserable!

 Then the unheard of happened...he fell asleep.  Right on the couch, in the middle of the day.  He was one sick baby.
Thankfully, by the next morning the fever was gone and he was very close to back to his normal self.  I really hate to see any of my baby's sick, but this was one of the worst.  Poor Beau Beau.

No comments: