Friday, June 6, 2014

East Pointe Awards & Updates

Tuesday June 3 was Evan's awards assembly at school.  It was also the first time I attempted to get ready and be seen in public since the wreck.  It took me over an hour to fix my hair and put on makeup.  Travis put my contacts in before he left for work (that's true love!!).  I was sweating like a pig when I finally managed to leave the house.  Mom came by and picked Beau and I up and off we went!

 Evan got the Principal's Roll (all A's all year) and Citizenship Award.  We were VERY proud!  Nonnie, Poppy, and Travis were all there, too!
Mrs. Coonce was a God send this year.  We absolutely could not have asked for better teachers!!  Mrs. Zeiler, Mrs. Quillman, and Mrs. Driscoll were all wonderful.  They encouraged Evan and he excelled academically and as a leader!!
These were some of Evan's friends from his class.  I told them to get together for a picture and this is what they did:)  Typical 5th graders!
Jonathan and Brady are two of Evan's best buddies.  They had a great year together being in the same class.

These pictures make me so happy!  For the first time, I felt like my life was going to be normal again since the wreck happened.  It felt good to get out and see people.

I got a phone call during the awards assembly from the insurance company of the lady who hit me.  They called to say that she hadn't been paying her premiums and that she had NO insurance coverage.  We had gotten the police report a couple of days before and knew that she can been cited with DUI (under the influence of drugs) and driving left of the center line.  At the accident scene several of the first responders had told us she had a drug history and that this hadn't been her first wreck.  So, the news wasn't really shocking, but still very disappointing.  I'm just SO thankful that we have excellent insurance and excellent uninsured driver coverage.  We had also just found out that my Suburban had been totaled.  Tons of good news:(

This boy has kept me going!  He has been so sweet and careful around me. 


He brought me a "surprise breakfast" on the couch one morning.  SO precious!

And this is a true act of love!  I absolutely could not put my hair in a ponytail with one arm.  So, I asked Evan if he could help me and he put my hair in a ponytail for me.  It's the little things you take for granted.  I've never been so thankful!

While Kyle & Amy were here mom took the kids to Shannon's for pictures.  We got a sneak peek this week and they are amazing!!!!

 I can never get enough pictures of my kids on my walls!!


No comments: