So, my birthday was 2 days after my surgery. I was SO dreading it. Nothing worse than sitting on the couch, not even able to drive or put your contacts in, thinking about how old you are. But, my sweet friends surprised me and had a party for me at my house!! It was SO great!
Sharon, Sherry, and Amy all brought food. We had chicken salad croissant sandwiches, pasta salad, and some other stuff I can't remember. I truly was still really drugged. Amy, mom, Georgia, and Gus came over to celebrate with us!
These 2 cuties played in a big bucket of old costume jewelry that used to be my Nana's:)
Gus was pretty determined to get a drink out of Nonnie's Sonic cup!
Whitney was SO happy Nonnie was there to play Scrabble. Beau wasn't there...it was his last day of MDO.
Sharon even brought the prettiest cake from Rick's Bakery! It was SO yummy!!
Baby Gus is the prettiest baby ever!!
Oh how I love these friends!! Amy left before we could get a pick of all of us. They totally cheered me up and totally made my day!! I got some of the sweetest, most thoughtful gifts also.
It certainly wasn't the birthday that I had imagined, but I was just SO thankful to be here! And to get to spend it with my closest friends and family!
No comments:
Post a Comment