The next few days were a complete blur. Evan had a baseball tournament in Greenwood/Ft. Smith over the weekend. Thankfully, mom came over to take care of me, so Travis could go to Evan's games. Love this snapchat I got from the game!!
Jacob & Emily's wedding was Saturday night. I was so completely out of it I barely even remember seeing them all dressed up before they left. SO handsome!!
I spent most of my time on the couch with my arm up in the air like this. The pain was awful. I had to keep taking pain meds just to be able to stand it.
Kyle, Amy, Georgia, and Gus got here on Sunday. I felt so bad because I didn't feel like going over to mom and dad's and one of them was always staying with me. I finally made the trip over to their house on Monday and got to see this sweet little guy!! He's so cute and fun. It killed me not to be able to hold him, but he was WAY too wiggly for his one-armed aunt.
Monday night was really hard for me. I was SO nervous about my surgery the next morning. I was laying in bed and could not go to sleep. So, I posted this on Facebook. The next morning I had 53 comments about people praying for me. It was SO comforting. Social media is cool like that. Becky came down to stay with the boys because I had to be at the surgery center at 6:00. Travis took me and mom, dad, and Kyle met us there.
The surgery was successful. They put the titanium plate and 8 screws in my wrist. Dr. Bolyard told them that there was a little extra "gravel" in there he had to remove and made it a little more complicated. I got a nerve block, so I was awake during the surgery. It was the weirdest thing. At one point I was starting to feel again, and the anesthesiologist gave me something that made me super loopy. They told me my whole arm should be numb for about 12 hours.
We left their and went straight to mom and dad's house. Travis needed to go into work, and since Kyle and Amy were there, we thought I could just get in mom and dad's bed and sleep and mom could take care of me and visit with them. Well, the part about my arm being numb for 12 hours was a BIG lie! I hadn't been settled for more than 45 minutes when my arm starting hurting like nothing I have ever felt before. It was excruciating. Plus it felt like my fingers were on fire. I was just laying there crying and crying and I didn't know how to get anyone's attention. Travis finally came back from getting my pain meds and I told him I HAD to go home right then. I NEEDED my own bed and to be able to cry if I wanted without bothering anyone. So, they loaded me up and took me home. I took a lot of pain meds, and was finally able to get comfortable. It was a VERY rough 24 hours.
Thank goodness for wonderful friends. We had people bringing us dinner most every night. I was SO thankful because I was truly helpless. I also got some beautiful flowers! The yellow arrangement was from Sharon (because she knows yellow is my favorite), and lilies from Aunt Jan & Uncle Hugh V. I also had some pretty purple flowers from Brian & Amber. I really got to enjoy them and they made me happy every time I looked at them!
I was so worried about my wrist that I had kinda ignored my knee. Apparently I hit my left knee on the dashboard and it was really starting to bother me. Only when I put pressure on it, like to kneel down, not when I walk. Thought I should take a pic for documentation.
Beau had his last week of MDO this week. He has had such a wonderful year with Mrs. Missy. He has truly had pre-school and has learned SO much. I'm so very thankful for this ministry!!
No comments:
Post a Comment