On June 5 I had my post-op appointment with Dr. Bolyard. First thing they did was take off my cast and x-ray my arm. It felt SO wonderful to be able to straighten my arm!!! But my elbow was SO sore.
The x-rays looked like this. Wow. That's a lot of metal in my bionic arm. It was actually really hard for me to look at...knowing my arm will never be the same.
The incision and all the bruising.
Crazy as it seemed, I left with just a splint. Dr. Bolyard said everything looked good. And to start trying to move my fingers and wrist some. He told me I didn't even have to wear the splint all the time. So weird.
It was also Evan's end of the year celebration at school. Since I didn't get to go, his sweet teacher sent me some pics of the day.
I spent some time snuggled up with Beau!!
And for the first time in 2 weeks, I drove. It was absolutely terrifying. I was an emotional mess. But, I knew I had to do it. Glad it was done and over. Pete & Becky have offered to sell us their Suburban and we are going to take them up on it. It's exactly what we want and it will make this whole process SO much easier. We are getting a rental car on Monday and hope to be able to get their car by next weekend. Things are working out so well. It's totally a God thing!
My hand was still so bruised and swollen. At this point that was as far as I could open my hand. And I couldn't really move my wrist at all. Very depressing.
On Friday Evan went on a GT field trip to Little Rock. They packed a lot into 1 day! They started out at the Clinton Library. Thankfully, Jonathan's mom Cindy went and sent me pictures throughout the day!
The went to the zoo during the afternoon. And it started storming!! I got this text from Cindy:)
Had to try out the souvenirs in the gift shop:)
They also went to the State Capital. Very fun trip! We love Mr. Clow and will miss him SO much next year!
And this guy and I have been doing a whole lot of this! The Wiki Sticks he got for his birthday in October have finally become fun!
Thankful for this full, blessed life!
No comments:
Post a Comment