Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful and Thrifty!!

This has been a crazy week for me.  I took Beau to the doctor on Monday thinking he had a bad cold and possibly an ear infection.  He tested positive for RSV!!  I have just been so sick about it.  We have worked so hard to keep him well all winter and then in April, he gets RSV.  And to make things worse, we also exposed Whitney this weekend not knowing that Beau had it. 

I've been home with Beau since Monday, and today I've had a little cabin fever!  But, I've also been thinking about how incredibly thankful I am that I CAN stay home with Beau when he is sick.  I just can't imagine having to leave him with someone else, or having to worry about taking off work.  I have an amazing husband who provides for us and encourages me to stay home with our kids.  He just has NO idea how grateful I am!!  Well, maybe he does, I told him so tonight!!

After I got Beau in bed tonight Travis told me to get out of the house for a little bit.  So, of course, I went straight to my most favorite place in Greenwood...WALGREENS!!  It was a great night for shopping!  This is what I bought...
And I spent.......$10.96!!!  I also got back a $2.50 Register Reward.  They were marking down the Easter aisle to 75% off as I shopped.  Earlier today I had printed a form for a free movie ticket with 4 proof of purchases from Hershey's candy.  So, I bought 4 bags of Hershey's for 75% off and will get a free movie ticket.  The 3 packs of pens were $0.19 each and there was a rebate form on the package.  If you bought 3 packages you get a $4.50 rebate check.  So, I came home and filled out both forms and in about 5 minutes I have a movie ticket and $4.50 coming back to me.  I'll be sending LOTS of chocolate to work with Travis to put in the office "candy bucket".  I also put some Hershey's kisses in the freezer to make peanut butter kiss cookies with later on.

I seriously LOVE my WALGREENS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed as I drove by Walgreens around 9:00 last night and your suburban was the only car in the parking lot. I thought she has the whole store to herself and is probably robbing them blind with coupons!!!