Thursday, April 29, 2010

Maybe the Last Trip this Week??


I promise, this is the last Walgreens post this week!  It's just been so fun to shop this week and I had to share!  I paid $14.11 cash for everything below and now have $28 in Register Rewards to use later. 
 It's kinda hard to see in the picture, but there are 16 Hallmark cards there.  There is an unadvertised deal going that if you buy 8 Hallmark cards you get a $5 Register Reward.  There are plenty of cards that cost $0.49 and $0.99.  I was able to get cards for lots of birthday parties, baby showers, thank you notes....for next to nothing! 


Tonight we are off to the ball fields again!  Evan is playing pitching machine and it is SO exciting.  He struggled Monday night hitting off the pitching machine, so I hope he does better tonight.  He gets SO nervous and really lets it get the better of him.  There is a fine balance with Evan...I have to let him know I'm watching, but a bunch of yelling his name gets the nerves really going.  So, I usually just try to very casually say "Let's go Ev" or something very low key as he is walking up to the plate.  He truly is very sensitive once you get past his "tough guy" exterior!

An example, this morning he told me about his field trip coming up to the Nature Center.  He said" I know you can't go because of Beau" like it was NO BIG DEAL.  A few seconds later I look down and tears were rolling down his face.  Apparently he really wants me to go, so it sounds like Beau and I are gonna be going on a field trip really soon!!  Or, maybe we can talk Daddy into this one!!! :) 

3 comments:

April, Steve & Lowery said...

So funny. You amaze me with Walgreens, my head is swimming and I am NOT smart enough to figure it out. But I am living vicariously through you. Maybe I should have actually attended class in college... Hmmm.... And Evan is precious. Lowery is the same way, SO sensitive. Steve took her to see the movie Oceans last week (the Disney one) and she came home bawling about the baby turtles that got picked up by the eagles. A difficult circle of life conversation ensued and I had to reference Lion King.

Katie said...

Sounds like Jaden...They are a lot a like. Good Job at Walgreens. You must have quite the stash of Maxi pads (: lol!!

Sherry Drennan said...

Didn't know about the cards! Will make a mad dash tomorrow. I've gone twice this week. :) When is the field trip? Could I keep Beau for a couple of hours for you? That breaks my heart!