The "official" 1 year old post, even if it is a few days late:)
My sweet baby Beau, you are now 1 year old. It's almost impossible for me to believe that my little baby is a walking, jabbering toddler! You are the most precious thing ever!! The word that describes you best right now is BUSY!!!
~You weigh 21 pounds 1 ounce (don't know your height yet, your 1 year appt. is next week)
~You wear size 12 month clothes, a size 4 shoe, and size 3 diapers.
~You are walking a lot! You can walk across the room when you really concentrate. Mostly you still crawl though. It's much fast that way!
~You NEVER STOP MOVING! From the time you get up and until the time you go to sleep you are busy, busy, busy!!!
~You are going to sleep around 8:00 and sleeping until around 6:30 in the morning. You still wake up once in the night to nurse. You have surprised me and not woken up several times this month!! I wish you could make a habit out of that!
~You usually take a morning nap around 9:30 and sleep for 1 1/2 -3 hours. If you have a short or early morning nap then you nap again in the afternoon. Sometimes you don't go back down until 4ish, but you are still ready for bed at 8:00.
~You are eating us out of house and home!!! You are eating mostly all table food. You eat a lot of fruit, cheese, yogurt, Graduates pasta, meat sticks, green beans, corn, and crackers.
~You have starting drinking "red" aka whole milk. You aren't loving it, but I'm not really pushing it because you are still drinking a lot of mommy milk.
~You are still nursing around 4 times a day. You nurse when you wake up, before naps, at bedtime, and when you wake up during the night. I'm going to let you wean yourself, and so far I'm not seeing any signs of that!
~You are starting to play with toys by yourself for short amounts of time. You love to push trucks around and push buttons on things.
~Your favorite thing to do is to pull the plastic containers out of the cabinet and throw them all over the kitchen. If the pantry doors are open, you do they same thing with anything you can get your hands on in there.
~You have the worst eczema I have ever seen. We have tried a million different things, but it just won't go away! I hate it for you, but most of the time it doesn't seem to bother you at all.
~You have an ear infection right now and are taking antibiotics. Thankfully you have been very healthy for the most part!!!
~You are saying mama, dada, bubba, and uh oh. You are also trying to repeat words that we say. Sometimes you get it right! You will start jabbering and you look just like you are talking to us:)
~You don't like to be left in a room. If I walk out of the room you start SCREAMING! You also like to be carried around a lot. You will hold on to my leg or look up at me with your arms up. I'm trying really hard not to give in every time. It's hard to get anything done with a 21 pound toddler on your hip all the time! ~You are starting to get just a little bit interested in books. I'm SO glad! I can't wait until you want to be read to at bedtime.
~You totally recognize people now!! When someone you know walks in the room you start bouncing and smiling! I love that you get excited when you see people you love!
~Your brothers still absolutely adore you. They just can't leave you alone. Sometimes I have to make them back up and give you a little space. You are one loved little brother!!
I'm so proud of the sweet little guy you have become! You are my precious baby that is growing into a big boy! I love you SO much and am SO thankful to celebrate the first year of your life. You have certainly changed ours for the better!
Happy 1st Birthday! We love you Beau! (aka, Beauster, little brother,and brother bear:)

No comments:
Post a Comment