Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blake and Evan's Family B-Day Party!!

This past Sunday we had a family birthday party for Blake and Evan.  Since there birthday's are close together, they have liked the idea of celebrating together.  Fine with me!!!  So, Sunday we had all the family over after church for pizza and presents.

Here they are posed with some of their presents!
 Evan is SO funny.  Every time I would ask him what he wanted for his birthday he would say "a Walgreens gift card".  He was really serious!  So, Nonnie and Poppy got him one with $20 on it.  He was thrilled!!!  He says there are just SO MANY great things to buy at Walgreens.  (He makes me proud:)
 Blake's big present from Travis and I was a cell phone!!  I cannot believe that I am old enough to have a child with a cell phone.  I told Blake when I was in 5th grade the only way I could talk to anyone was a phone with a cord on it or a note:)  He's not going to be carrying it around much of anywhere, but it will be nice to have a phone to leave with him when I occassionally leave him at home while I run an errand or something.
 Evan's big present of the day was a new bike from Nana and PaPa!  He has been begging for a new bike.  He has absolutely outgrown his old one.  He has been getting in trouble for riding Blake's, so I'm SO glad he has his own big bike now!
 Beau's cousin Malory didn't want him to be left out, so she insisted that Beau get a present, too.  He LOVES it!!  He is starting to push trucks around and say vrooom,vrooom.  This one is perfect!
 Evan's other present that was a HUGE hit was an airsoft gun from Nonnie and Poppy.  He got a rifle and a pistol.  He also got a couple of targets.  He has been shooting off the deck constantly since he opened it!
 Blake also got a big Lego set and had to immediately start putting it together:)
 Here are my 8 year old and 11 year old with the cake that they picked out.  They requested that I make a triple layer yellow cake with chocolate icing.  Easy enough!!!
We had such a fun day celebrating with family.  I'm so proud of my two big boys and the amazing young men that they are becoming!!

No comments: