Sunday, July 21, 2013

Austin...

 I feel like our whole family has been world travelers lately!  Travis had a business trip to Austin, TX and since we were down 2 kids, I decided to go too!  Sweet Nana and Papa kept Beau so i was free to go!

Our flight left out of Tulsa Thursday morning.  Love traveling with HIM!!
 This was a business trip after all, but he was all business even on the plane:(
 When we got to Dallas, we rented a car and headed to Austin.  Travis left his sunglasses in the car at the Tulsa airport.  Thank goodness I brought 2 pairs, and that he looks HOT in leopard!!
 We stopped for lunch and saw a Luby's.  We both have very similar love stories about Luby's (or Wyatt's for me) from our childhoods.  So we decided to stop in and re-live the memories:). 
 You just can't beat the square fish, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac & cheese, a roll, sweet tea, and a piece of pie!!! 
 That night Travis had to take some people out to dinner, so I found a little sushi place near the hotel and had a little feast!!  It was a little nervous about going out by myself, and eating alone, but I actually really enjoyed it!
 The next day Travis had to work all day, so I went to the pool, and sat and read most of the afternoon.  The view was gorgeous!!
 Travis was finished around 4:00, so we got ready and headed out for a night together!
 Downtown Austin is a really cool place!!  So many places to eat and hang out.  We ended up taking a ride in a bicycle "rickshaw"??  It turned out to be really fun and a good way to see some sights (sorry about the crack....it showed the whole time:)))!!
Enjoying our ride!

The next day we didn't have to be back to Dallas until 4:00 so we took our time.  We stopped at this IKEA store.  Oh MY....talk about sensory overload!!  It was SO amazing!!!  But since we were on our way to get on a plane, I had no where to put anything.  So, we left empty handed.  I'm thinking a trip to the nearest IKEA with a large empty vehicle is in my near future!!
Travis and I had a wonderful time together!!  It is so nice to just get away, even for a couple of days.  We decided that we think retirement will probably suit us just fine some day!!!

No comments: