Thursday, July 11, 2013

World Series...Part 2

 On Monday after winning our 1 game, we headed to Incredible Pizza.  Malory had never been and they had a blast!

Glo-in-the-dark miniature golf was fun!
 Evan, Nana, and Malory all glowing!!
 All the kids played, even Beau.  He was a crazy man with a golf club!
 Then they all decided to ride go-carts.  They are really cool indoor electric go-carts.  Evan won both times:)
 Blake came really close!
 And, Beau rode along with Travis.  He looked terrified, but came off talking about how much he loved it!!
Then we decided to bowl.  This was perfect for Beau!!  The ball was little and he could totally do it!!
 There were a ton of  "rides" that Beau could ride for $0.25.  He had a blast!!
 In the end, it all basically came down to the fact that we paid $60 for a pair of glow-in-the-dark vampire teeth!  Ha!!
 The kiddos before we left!
 The next day the River Valley Bulldogs still had not lost a game, so they were still in the winners bracket.  They won the first game that day!!! Woo Hoo!!  The next game wasn't until that evening.  We went to Mimi's for lunch.  That's a happy, hot, tired boy!!

 We went back to the hotel and Beau & Malory went swimming.  Well, they spent most of their time playing in the shower next to the pool;)  Evan couldn't swim, so he, Blake, and Travis stayed up in the room to rest.  Coach Don told them right before they headed for the ball field, to jump in the pool for 10 minutes, so he did!
 They won the 2nd game that night!!!  I just can't even explain how good they were playing.  Evan was doing great and hitting the ball like nobody's business!!  I was SO stinkin' proud!!!  This win put them in the championship game the next day!!  They were the only team to stay in the winners bracket!!  Thank goodness, because they would have had to play MANY more games to make their way out of the losers bracket.
 That night we went to Ted's to celebrate.  It was our first time there, and it was AMAZING!!! It will most definitely be a place we hit every time we are in Tulsa.  Obviously, Beau liked it too!
 Nonnie and Poppy had already decided that if the team made it to the championship game, they would postpone the trip a day and come on to Tulsa so that Evan could play and they could watch.   But, we didn't tell Evan until the night before.  He was SO pumped!!!

Loved this brother love I caught the next morning in the hotel!
 A view of our piles of bags.  We have never all 5 stayed in a hotel room for more than 1 night at a time until this trip.  We usually either have a suite or a condo.  But, I was very pleasantly surprised.  Beau slept on his little camping cot and it worked out great.  Our room had 2 king size beds, which helped a lot.  I really enjoyed having all my chicks so close to me!!
I had trouble sleeping this last night.  I was truly a nervous wreck!!  I wanted them to win SO bad!  Since they hadn't lost a game, even if they lost the game at 2:00, they would get to play the same team again to decide the champion.  I was SO hoping for only 1 game!!!

No comments: