Thursday, July 11, 2013

World Series...Part 3 (We WIN!!)


 The morning of the championship game I was an absolute nervous wreck!!  We got up, checked out of the hotel, and took Evan to get some lunch at Chick-fil-A.  My stomach felt like...well, not good.  It was over 100 degrees outside, and I was a little worried about the boys in the heat.  Evan was just excited!!  

A side note...just so I don't forget someday.  The boys had 2 of their biggest wins in the white over gray uniform.  So, they decided that's what they had to wear for the championship game...and the kicker....NO WASHING!!  They were adamant about that!  So, when you look at these pictures, remember that they played 4 games in these uniforms without washing them!!!

 Me and my ball player before he took off for the ball field with Travis and Nana!
 We got to the ball park and Nonnie and Poppy met us there.  They were LOADED down for their big trip!!  Of course, Roger was there, helping Beau eat a sno-cone.
 Then Roger got hot, and needed a drink from my water bottle:)
 Oh how I love this boy!!  Looking at these pictures makes me nervous all over again!  Unfortunately, the boys were not on their "A" game for the first game.  They didn't play well, at all (for the first time all week) and  didn't get ANY help from the umpires.  They came up short and it was very disappointing.  We were all hoping to only have to play one game.  But, they got together, re-grouped and were ready for the next one!!  I think what pumped them up the most was when we turned "Gangnam Style" on the stereo, and they all danced onto the field together!!  It was SO fun and got them fired up and ready!!!
 There is my hitter!!  You can see the ball hitting the bat in this pic!  They played absolutely amazing!!  I don't even remember the final score, but they won by nearly 10 runs!!!! 
 It was seriously, SO fun to watch them win!!  After so many games and working so hard, they finally reached the BIG goal!!!!!

 The first thing they did was pour the water cooler on Coach Don.  It was such a surprise I didn't get a picture.  Then they all tackled Coach Don!
 There is my #21 jumping right on top!
 These are some happy, DIRTY boys!!!

 I just love all their personalities!  A great moment!
Love these River Valley Bulldogs!!

No comments: