Monday, August 23, 2010

Beau ~ 9 months


My sweet little Beau baby...you are growing like a weed!!  I'm late posting this, but you are 9 months old.  When I took your pictures, I forgot to change the month on the sign, but they were actually taken in August, not July :). 

You are changing so quickly...

~You now have 7 teeth!!!  Cutting teeth has thankfully been fairly easy.  You fuss hard the day or night before the tooth cuts through, then it's done!!
~you weigh around 20 pounds (your 9 month check-up isn't until next week).
~you still wear a size 3 diaper and you are wearing 9 and 12 month clothes.
~You are a great eater.  The only thing that you have refused to eat was beets.  I can't really blame you at all!  You are still eating quite a bit of Stage 3 baby food and lots of table food, too.
~You still nurse 5 or 6 times a day.  You LOVE your mommy milk.  We did discover a sippy cup with a straw that you really love.  I looked down the other day and you had drank a whole cup of juice!!  Woo Hoo!!!
~You go to sleep at night around 8:00 or 8:30 and sleep until around 6:00 - 6:30.  You still wake up once in the night around 1:30 and I get up and feed you and you go right back down. 
~You usually nap for a couple of hours in the morning and then for another 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon. That is ideal. Unfortunately, with your brothers around this summer, you usually got woken up early because of all the noise :). But, with school starting we are already on a better nap schedule!!

~You are starting to say some words.  You say DaDa, BaBa, and you've said MaMa a few times.  You babble a lot, and I know you are thinking of things to say, they just don't come out yet :)

~You make the funniest faces.  Sometimes you will scrunch up your nose and breath out of your nose and smile and we call it your "mean" face.  It's SO cute!!!


~You are pulling up and cruising around everywhere.  You are very proud of yourself for being able to get just about anywhere in no time.  I don't really think you are even thinking about walking yet though, which is JUST FINE with me!!!

~You are getting into EVERYTHING!!!  We have put child locks on most of the cabinets in the house.  You LOVE to drag everything out of my bottom drawer in the bathroom.  I've just made sure there is nothing dangerous in there and let you go for it while I'm getting ready!


~You don't want to be out of my sight.  If we are at home and I walk out of the room, you SCREAM like crazy.  I think you might like me a little bit :)
You adore your brothers and they adore you.  They are still fighting over you.  You are a novelty that doesn't get old!!!  Some day I hope you will look back at all the pictures of them with you and realize that they truly LOVE you and LOVE having a baby brother to take care of.

You are a constant source of joy to me.  Even though I'm more sleep-deprived now than ever, I love every minute I have with you!!  I can't believe that your 1st birthday is only a few short months away. 

We LOVE you Baby Beau!!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

He is adorable and I don't blame him about the beets I have a gag reflex everytime I eat them or think about them. They are so nasty!!

Mischelle Coston said...

Love the faces! So stinkin' cute!

SheWolf said...

Landen makes that same face and breathes out his nose! Too funny! We call it his "face". I can't believe how they are growing so much! It seems like yesterday we were pregnant....