On Friday we spent the morning at the beach, then in the afternoon the boys wanted to go down to Souvenir City in Navarre. It is a gift shop with a "shark museum" inside. Let me tell you, this place is something special. Just let me show you...
The boys in front of the "shark"
Blake and Evan got a kick out of this sign :)
We have a picture in the shark's mouth from every year we have been to the beach. The one in Gulf Shores is better. Everything in Navarre is scaled back a few notches (which is why we LOVE it).
The boys and I in the shark's mouth.
Blake and Beau in the "museum".
This is where it gets good. Let me give you a little guided tour of some of the LOVELY souvenirs for sale here...
A "coconut" Bart Simpson.
MANY rows of LOVELY ceramics...
A close-up of these beauties. Friends, don't worry, I brought you all one.
Some nice sequined clown puppets. Of course these would be at a beach shop.
Some indian statues, paintings, and some pretty shells that say "Sea World" on them. Who would have thought, in Navarre Beach, Florida???
You could even get your own sombrero!!!
The Mack Daddy souvenirs of them all, the HUGE stuffed dinosaur and dog??? I bought both, for Beau's room of course :) At the check out, .02 cent salt water taffy (wonder how long that has been there) and FAKE ROACHES!!! Notice the sign. Don't want anyone to confuse the fake roaches with real ones in this fine establishment.
This is BY FAR, my favorite place to shop at the beach. If you don't believe me, stop by my house and see all my new decorations!!! HA HA!!! Seriously, it was one of the funniest trips through a store I've ever had! Travis and I could not stop laughing!!
Later that night, we got dressed for our "on the beach" pictures. We knew it was gonna be hard because it was SO windy (thanks to the storm that blew through earlier in the day). I took a couple in the condo before we headed out.
My handsome men.
My sweet Beauster and Ev!!My last post will be our beach pictures. We had such a great trip. I was so worried that it would be "hard" with a baby and that I wouldn't enjoy myself. But, thanks to so many grandparents that really helped out, it was so fun. I didn't sleep much, and came home totally exhausted, but I enjoyed every minute of the trip. So happy for some great memories made!!
No comments:
Post a Comment