Monday, May 16, 2011

Blake and Chess

Today Blake got to go to the chess tournament again.  This is the second year he has gotten to go.  He was really excited!!  Bless his heart, he has wanted to practice at home, but none of us know enough to be any kind of a challenge for him.

He did really well today.  He won 2/4 matches.  He was a little disappointed, but he did better than last year, so I told him to be proud!!  The best part for me, was that I let him take his phone and he texted me updates all day!!  I loved it.  He is growing up SO fast.  It is really weird to look down and see a text from my son:)  He gave me the play-by-play all day:). 

I'm so glad he enjoyed it and am so proud of him for doing his best!!

No comments: