This post is really just for my memories, and for the boys later. Just an update on life in general right now. Things are CRAZY!! I don't even know where to start, so I'll just start at Friday and backtrack as I go:)
Saturday morning I got a text from my mom that she and dad had been in the hospital all night with dad. He had started bleeding earlier in the evening and they had been in the ER all night. This is the 3rd time this has happened over the last few years. It happens all of the sudden, and my dad turns white and pasty, starts sweating, and feels like he is going to pass out. Mom rushed him to the ER and spent a scary night there. By morning the bleeding had stopped, so they came home.
Since I haven't blogged much about GaGa and Dessa, I will recap that situation also. GaGa is now living at Brookfield in assisted living which is at the bottom of Fianna. Dessa is currently living at Ashton Place in Barling doing rehab for her broken pelvis. Dad has been picking GaGa up every. single. morning. and taking him to visit Dessa. This is a big job and takes at least 2 or 3 hours every day. It's one of those things that doesn't really seem necessary, until you see them together. It breaks my heart that they are separated like this right now. This is the first time they have lived apart in a million years! Dessa seems to be doing better right now. She is talking fairly clearly, and I haven't heard her say "always" in several days.
Anyway, so Saturday morning I took over the "Driving Miss Daisy" (except is is Mr. :) duties so mom and dad could sleep. I have taken GaGa to see Dessa now on Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday. He is being very understanding about the days that I just can't do it because I just can't take Beau and maneuver GaGa, his walker, and a crazy 18 month old in and out and all over.
Saturday night mom and dad kept the kids for a few hours because Travis and I had a function that we were committed to tied to Travis's work. So, we went and came and picked up the boys around 9:45ish. Dad looked kinda tired, but not too bad.
Fast forward to around 5:45 Sunday morning, I got a text from mom saying that had spent another night in the ER and that dad was going for a bleed scan then being admitted to ICU. This feels very much like de ja vue, since we have done this twice in the past. So, I help get everyone ready for church, and send them off and head to Ft. Smith.
I went by mom and dad's, let Carly out and fed her, picked up GaGa, took him to see Dessa, took him home, and headed to the hospital. They were both exhausted and dad was getting his first 2 units of blood. I got my mom some lunch, visited for a while, and headed home.
Dad continued to bleed. He has bleeding diverticuli in his colon that seem to bleed intermittently, so it is hard to catch them "in the act". He had an EGD and colonoscopy on Monday morning. My sweet, precious sister in law, Amy came over on Monday so I could go stay at the hospital with my dad while my mom went to UAFS to give a final. Thank the Lord for family!!! At this point I think dad had had 4 units of blood.
Tuesday I dropped Beau at MDO, traded cars at mom and dad's (GaGa can't climb into my Surberban), and headed to pick him up. We went and visited Dessa and she seemed much better. She actually drank a whole Ensure and asked me to bring her some snacks. After I dropped GaGa back at Brookfield I headed up to the hospital to see dad. He had gotten 2 more units of blood overnight.
I was so glad i was there when Dr. Demondesert came by. He went over a "game plan" and was hopeful that the bleeding had stopped. A few minutes after he left the room it started again. Thankfully, he was still on the unit, so he came back in and ordered another bleed scan. Unfortunately, they still couldn't see where the bleeding was coming from. I left, ran to WalMart and Aldi and headed back to Greenwood to pick up Beau.
We went to the dentist and Evan had a tooth re-filled and then we had the 5th grade PTO program last night. (I will post pics later!). During that time dad started getting units # 9 and 10 of blood.
This morning I went to see my Mamaw. She is at Pink Bud and apparently hasn't been doing well. The nurse had said that she has been growling and biting herself. This morning, thankfully, she was very calm. She was very glad to see Beau and he waved and blew her kisses. I just hate to see her so miserable. She was such a strong lady and I have such wonderful memories of spending time with her on the farm. I was just thankful to get to see her in a "not unhappy" mood. She told me she loved me a dozen times and I can't help but cry and cry when I see her;)
From there Beau and I headed to a MOPS steering team meeting. I SO enjoy my time with my MOPS girls. We are gearing up for next year, and I am so excited about some new faces on steering team. It's fun to see girls get excited about "working" in a ministry!! It truly is a ministry, and there is a lot of hard work behind the scenes to make it flow so easily on Wednesday mornings!! I'm so thankful God has blessed this ministry that is so near to my heart.
As I write this, Kyle is at the hospital with dad while mom gives another final. He is finally being moved out of the ICU and onto a surgical floor. His doctor seems to be leaning toward surgery, but dad isn't ready to commit just yet. If the bleeding has stopped, then he has the option of waiting unitl "next time" to do the surgery. Not an easy decision by any means.
As crazy as life is right now, it seems that everything has "just" worked out to keep everyone taken care of. The only person who may have been neglected is Carly (the dog). She has been moved to the deck and we have been going over to let her off periodically. Her feeding schedule has been a little off, but she seems to be doing just fine:)
God has been faithful to provide everything we need. It's not easy right now, but nothing has fallen apart. I just hope that "normal" is coming sooner than later!
I really just wanted all this written down, because someday we will look back and laugh...or cry. But be able to see that we made it through!!!!
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment