Monday, May 16, 2011

Harps and Walgreens

I used to shop at Harps quite a bit.  They do double coupons to $0.60, but their prices are usually so high on most things, that that still doesn't make it worth it.  But, there are some things that are sometimes really cheap.  Usually things like condiments, granola bars, and cake/brownie mixes are pretty good deals.  So, I mad a quick round through one day last week.

I did find some pretty good deals.  Randomly the bananas were $0.25/lb which was a good surprise.  I did pay full price ($4.99) for the Queso Blanco Velveeta, just because we have been wanting to try it and they don't have it at Wal-Mart.  So, including that $5 splurge I spent a total of $18.37.  Not too bad.

This week Walgreens has the potential to be GREAT!  Problem is, I went in early Sunday afternoon and the shelves were WIPED CLEAN of most of the deals I wanted.  SO frustrating!!  I'm telling you, this coupon show on TV is killing me!!!!

I did manage to get some good deals, though.  I spent a total of 14.18 on everything pictured below.  The best deal was probably the All.  It is $6.99 and B1G1 free.  I had (2) $.150 coupons from the paper, so I ended up paying $1.99 each.  The Scotch tape was actually a money-maker of $1 when I bought 3.  The Johnson's Softlotion wasn't really super cheap, but it is the ONLY lotion I can use that doesn't make me itch all over and it was $5.99 and B1G1 free.  I did use a $4 Register Reward from last week, and I got a $3 Register Reward when I checked out (from the Dove deodorant).

Congrats to anyone who managed to get any of the Gillette body wash, Colgate toothpaste, Finish dishwashing tablets, and Lunchables.  They were all AWESOME deals this week, but none to be had for me! :(

No comments: