Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Walgreens this week!

That crazy Extreme Couponing show on TV is really messing with my shopping:)  Apparently, everyone in Greenwood has decided they are coupon shoppers.  My Walgreens has been pretty much wiped out!!!  I went on Sunday afternoon (only a few hours after the new ad started) and only found 3 things I was looking for!  Thankfully, my favorite cashiers told me they have a new employee that is very coupon saavy and is helping them decide how much of things to order for the new sales:)

The things I did get were excellent deals!  The Cottonelle is regular priced at $5.  There is a $1 coupon in the Walgreens monthly coupon book making it $4.  I also had $0.50 coupons I had printed online.  Then there is an unadvertised Register Reward deal that prints a $3 Register Reward when you buy 2.  So, I got all four packs of Cottonelle for $8.  The Tylenol wraps were on sale for $7.99.  I had $5 coupons I printed and then there is a $3 coupon in the coupon book, so those were both FREE.  The Bic razors are $5.99 and they print a $2 Register Reward.  I had a $3 manufacturers coupon from Sunday's paper, so they ended up being $0.99.  I spent $10.74 out of pocket (using some Register Rewards from last week), and got back $8 in Register Rewards!!
 Today I went back for a few other things.  The Lysol wipes were $3.69 and B1G1 free.  I had 2 $1.50 coupons printed from the Lysol Facebook page.  So, I got them for $0.35 each.  The flossers were $2 with a $2 Register Reward = FREE.  The Gillette razor/shave gel/moisturizer pack was $9.89 with a $5 Register Reward.  There was also a $4 coupon in Sunday's paper so it was $0.89.  The 2 small first aid kits were $1.49 and B1G1 50% off.  Then, if you bought two Johnson's First Aid products, you get the red First Aid kit bag free.  There were coupons on a display right by the kits for $1.50/2.  So, for $0.74 I got both kits and the bag.  The Walgreens diapers are on sale for $5.99/pack.  There is a $2 coupon in the Infant Care Booklet making the diapers $3.99/pack.  This transaction was $11.50 out of pocket (I used $8 in Register Rewards from my Sunday trip) and I got back $7 in Register Rewards for next time!!
I truly do love my Walgreens.  The managers are cashiers are SO coupon friendly.  They never argue and are always trying to help find a good deal!! 

I will say that there was a lady in front of me in line today who had 2 carts piled full!!  She also had probably 100 coupons.  I know she was trying to do an "Extreme Couponing' shop.  She saved a lot but still ended up paying around $180.  That is just plain crazy!!  Moderation is the key!!!!  My advise is to be reasonable, fly under the radar, and enjoy your savings!

No comments: