Monday, May 23, 2011

The Weekend

We had SUCH a productive weekend.  Travis and the boys had mowing to do, and I didn't really have any plans, so while they got started mowing our yard, I took Beau out in the front yard and started pulling some weeds in the flower beds.  One thing led to another, and before I knew it, I was DEEP into landscaping!

After all the weeds were out, I realized how much the bushes needed to be trimmed.  I'm  no trimmer, but I decided it couldn't get much worse.  So, Travis took Evan over to mow at Granny's and Blake and I attacked the bushes/wrangled Beau.  It took a couple of hours, but I finally got it done.  Blake took 4 or 5 wagon loads of clippings to "the woods" for me and kept Beau out of the street!

Around noon I took Beau in and put him down for a nap and all the boys headed over to my parents house to mow.  I finished up on the bushes, took a load to the woods and cleaned up a little.  When Travis got back we decided we should go ahead and put some new mulch down while we were at it. 

Of course, we also decided that we should plant flowers before we put down the mulch:).  So, I headed to Yeagers to pick up the supplies.  I also talked Travis into attempting to pull out a BIG UGLY DEAD bush while I was gone!!!

Here is the sad, dead bush.  Good riddance!!!
I went to Yeagers and got 12 bags of mulch and they had NO flowers. So, I took my no make-up, crazy haired self to Wal-Mart to buy flowers.  I just grabbed some, not even really sure what all I bought:)  Just made sure the little stick said "full sun".

Here is the space where the dead bush was!  I LOVE it!!
 So, I got busy planting flowers while Travis unloaded all the mulch.  We worked like crazy, and finally got it all dumped out.  We were about 3 bags short, so I went back to Yeagers for more!!

By about 4:30 we were finally done, and SO tired.  We headed inside to shower and get ready to go to Ft. Smith with my family for dinner.  We all met at Marketplace and had an AWESOME dinner!!  Thanks Poppy!!

Sunday morning we got up for church and everything went as well as possible.  I worked in Beau's class the first hour and he was TERRIBLE!!!!  I'm talking, so bad I was embarrassed!  He was yelling, crying, throwing things, hitting kids, and pulling hair.  I just kept thinking, surely he is only acting like this because I am in here.  So, I left him with Shaina for the 2nd hour.  I wasn't gone 5 minutes when they came to tell me Beau had hit his head and had a huge knot. 

He did it by slamming his head on the ground, on purpose!  I knew that meant ear infection.  He has done that before in the past, but it is almost always related to his ears being infected. 

Here he is with his big knot!!
 I already had plans to go to Ft. Smith with some friends, so Travis, bless his sweet heart, took him to the walk-in clinic.  He did have an ear infection.  Thank goodness.  He was absolutely terrible the rest of the afternoon and evening.  At one point Travis put him in time-out.  By the look of the picture, you would think he was being so good.  But look a little closer...he is strapped in:)
I'm SO thankful we have an ENT appointment this Thursday.  I'm not leaving without an appointment to have some tubes put in his ears.  He is absolutely killing me today!!  He hasn't had a nap and right now he is in his crib screaming bloody murder.  We have to leave for Ev's ballgame in 10 minutes and he will have slept NONE!!!  It's gonna be a fun one!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

He is so cute hard to be mad but I totally feel your pain.