Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crib Accident

**Disclaimer-This post is only for those with a strong stomach...memories I have to remember, gross or not*****

Yesterday afternoon I heard Beau talking in his crib after his nap.  He sounded like he was in a great mood, so Evan asked me if he could go get him.  I heard the door open and then I hear Evan start making gagging sounds. I ran over and about halfway through the living room I knew exactly what had happened...Beau had gotten into his poopy diaper!

I walked in and their he stood, SO proud, with his face and mouth looking like he had just eaten a handful of Oreo cookies.  Yes, seriously.  For a split second I thought about getting my camera, but in a few seconds my blood was boiling so hard I couldn't think straight.  He had poop smeared all in his hair, face, mouth, clothes, crib, sheet, bumper pad, blankets, wall, and even thrown a few pieces over board onto the carpet.  It truly was the MOST disgusting thing I think I've ever seen.

I grabbed Beau, stripped his clothes off (he had on a 1 piece outfit and had unsnapped the middle and then gotten one side of his diaper undone), and carried him to the bathroom.  Evan got a bandana to put over his nose :) and I made him stand at the side of the tub and make sure he didn't drown while I worked on his room.  I think I used a whole can of Lysol wipes, a can of Lysol and 1/2 a bottle of carpet cleaner. 

Then I started scrubbing Beau.  I had to brush his teeth to get all the poop out of his mouth.  It's making me gag just writing this.This was seriously the grossest boy stunt I've had to deal with yet.  Evan had a few incidents like this, but never to this extent, and he was about a year older.  I'm just so stressed becuase we are FAR from potty training and he has already discovered this trick.  I guess I'm gonna have to started duct taping his clothes on before naptime. (Yes, we did this with Evan and it worked). 

Thank goodness we had a girl's night out already planned for last night!  Travis couldn't get home fast enough for me yesterday.  I feel like Beau is getting the best of me sometimes.  I don't want to dread these long summer days, but I feel like by mid-morning I've just had my fill, and it's not even lunch time yet.  This is the age that is the hardest for me.  I get so frustrated because he still can't really communicate what he wants, but he can point and whine like a champ.  I want to enjoy this summer with the boys!  So, Mr. Beau and I are going to have to work some things out very soon:)

2 comments:

The Flores' said...

OMG - I was laughing and gagging the whole time I read this! (((((Hugs)))) to you fellow mommy! This too shall pass, and one day when he is in his twenties you will get your revenge when you tell his wife all about this experience :o)

Jasmin said...

Oh Erin, I'm so sorry, but I am cracking up! This happened to me, but it was both my kids! We thought they were sleeping and Jaycee had climbed into Joslyns crib and opened her diaper and smeared it all over them both and everything! You are a great mom, Beau is lucky to have you!