Monday, June 14, 2010

And... he's off!!!!

We sent Blake off to church camp this morning.  Seemed almost surreal...my baby getting on that huge bus with all those big kids :)  They are going to Mt. Vernon, TX.  He was SO excited!!

  Here he is putting his bag under the bus.
He has a good group of friends going...Garrett, Blake, Jake, and Mason have been buddies for a while.  I hope this week helps make their friendships stronger.  Jeb is also going...thank the Lord!!  Knowing he will be keeping an eye on Blake makes me feel a little better.
Here they are on the bus (I missed Mason somehow).  In the VERY back.  They thought it was SO cool...right by the bathroom :)  That may not be so cool after just a little while!!!
How fun to be heading off in a big chartered bus!!  Brings back a lot of camp memories for me.  I am praying that not only will he have a great time, but that he will also grow closer to God this week.  I know how much Grant stresses a quiet time, and that is on the schedule for them.  I'm praying that Blake will really experience God this week!
I'm also praying he doesn't get homesick!!!  I really don't expect it, but you just never know.  I put a card in his bag, hoping that it will help if he does start missing home a little.  As I type this, I'm thinking, it's me you should be worried about, not him!!  I'm already missing him...and worrying, just a little.  Lord, please take care of my baby!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post made me tear up! I know I won't be able to say "no" to camp after this year. It is so hard to let go!