Friday, June 11, 2010

Dr. Barnhill...at last!!!

Thursday was a HUGE day for my mom!!!  She successfully defended her discertation and is now Dr. Barnhill!!!  She has been working SO hard for SO long and we are SO proud of her.    It's hard to remember when she wasn't going to class, and studying/writing/reading EVERY weekend for a class.  It's such a relief to me, so I KNOW it is like a 300 pound weight is off her shoulders!!!

Welcome back to the real world Nonnie!!

We celebrated Thursday night!!!  Here she is with Blake...ALL SMILES!!!!
We got a cookie cake that said Congratulations Dr. Barnhill!!!
My dad got her a desk name plate that says Jane Barnhill Ed.D.  She was SO excited to see it in print!!  We got her a new charm that is a graduation cap for her bracelet.  She's been waiting for the day that she could get that one!!
She warned us that she may be obnoxiously happy for a while!!  I say...bring it on!!!  Her and my dad are planning a big trip VERY soon.  An Alaskan cruise is in the works, I think. 

Congratulations on a job VERY WELL DONE Mom!!!!

3 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

Your mom is a very special person. What an accomplishment. That really is outstanding! She is very inspiring.

So here's a big shout out to the Doc!

Congratulations!!!

April, Steve & Lowery said...

Tell her I said congratulations and that I'm so proud of her! I know she worked hard and deserves this great reward after a long haul of commitment!

SheWolf said...

WOW! That is SO awesome...my new hero and role model! :)
Congratulations!