Friday, June 25, 2010

More Target Finds...

Okay, so I'm only posting this because I have had several people ask for more details about Target.  So, sorry if this is the most boring post ever!

Last night I went to Target and bought the stuff below.  I spent a total of $21.50 out of my pocket.

This is how it breaks down...On my first order I bought 10 SoBe Life waters  $1/each (used 2 B1G1Free coupons), 1 pack of Little Swimmers $9.99 (used $1.50 Target coupon and $1.50 manufacturer coupon/had small sunscreen attached), 5 jars Stage 3 Gerber baby food $0.59/each (used $1/5 Gerber items Target coupon), 2 Stage 2 double packs of Gerber (just because I needed it, no coupon).  My original total was $19.93 and I paid with my $5 gift card from last time.  So, my out of pocket was $14.93 and I got a $5 gift card back for purchasing the 10 SoBe Life Waters.

Next I paid for the Tide Stain Release by itself.  It was on clearance for $13.01.  If you haven't used these little jewels, you are MISSING OUT!!  You just throw them in the washer with your clothes, and I swear (but I don't), they get EVERYTHING out!!!  This was a double pack with a total of 62.  I checked on the shelf and they would have cost $23 in the regular pack and not on clearance.  So, a great deal already.  Then I used a $1.50 Target coupon and a $1.50 manufacturer coupon.  My total with tax was $11.57.  I used the $5 gift card from the previous order and paid $6.57!!!  These are one thing that I will splurge on because they really make such a difference in my laundry.   So, I was thrilled to stock up for VERY cheap!!!
There it is in a nut shell!  And no, I don't sit around trying to come up with these scenarios all by myself.  I use http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ and http://www.passionforsavings.com/ to help me.  They both post Target deals and coupons every week and I modify from there.  This does take some time, but I really have it down to a science now.  And, I really consider this kind of a job for me.  It's a way for me to make a significant dent in our grocery/Wal-Mart stuff budget so that I don't feel so guilty that I'm not contributing much to our family income right now.  I also love the challenge and the thrill of a good victory!!

1 comment:

SheWolf said...

I LOVE the Tide Stain Releases and "swear" by them too! They are miracle workers and worth every extra penny because I don't have to trash clothes all the time that are ruined!