Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Wednesday we celebrated my birthday at my parent's house.  (I actually got 2 birthday celebrations, becuase my real birthday was while we were in Branson:).My mom always fixes whatever I want for my birthday, and I always pick the same thing...tacos and guacamole!!  It's been my favorite since I was a little girl. I love how my mom still makes a big deal out of my birthday!  Sometimes, as a busy mom with a busy life, it's easy to just try to ignore things like birthdays, but it's also fun to celebrate!!

I also decided instead of cake I wanted strawberry pie for dessert!!!  Yummy!!!
Evan with a flame-thrower = SCARY!!!
The boys wanted to buy a 3 and 5 "number" candle, but mom told them when you get to be my age, you don't love the number candles anymore!!  Thanks Mom!!
Me and my boys!!
For my birthday my parents got me some new charms to go on my Brighton bracelet.  Mom took the boys with her to pick some out.  The boys picked a "B" and an "E" charm.  They decided they stood for Evan, Erin, Blake, Beau, and Bartlett :) Mom picked out some of the other pretty charms.   I really love how my bracelet is turning out!! 
They also got me a gift certificate to Lavender and Lime.  I'm SO SO excited about getting a massage...or 2.  The best part, babysitting was included :)

Over the weekend I also got my new necklace that Travis ordered for me for Mother's Day!!  I absolutely LOVE it!!!!  I just adore the fact that my children's names are hanging so close to my heart.  I know, so cheesy, but I really do love the whole idea!  I am wearing it in the pictures above, so you can get a better idea of what it looks like when I'm wearing it.
I'm so thankful for my family, and that they took time to make my birthday extra special!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!! You look fabulouse and I have a Brighton braclet too, my mommmy has filled the whole thing up. It is fun to be treated by mom still. You always need your mom. Glad you had a great day!!

Anonymous said...

I love that necklace! I've been spying one for myself! Glad you had a great day!

April, Steve & Lowery said...

You deserve every bit of it! And, speaking of strawberry pies, that has been my obsession - I have made 1 a week for the past 3 weeks I think. Yummy! No wonder this baby is huge...