Saturday, January 29, 2011

Walgreens 101

I made it to Walgreens this week, finally.  I have actually skipped a couple of weeks, GASP, I know.  We have been working on a new budget, and I've been trying to see just what I can and cannot do without.  Walgreens has definitely made it into the new budget! 

I'm going to concentrate even more on only the BEST deals, and let some of the so-so ones go on by.  This week is a good example of just a couple of things that just made sense to get. 

My sweet little shopper was SO good.  I think he has finally found his "shopping position" in the Walgreens cart!
 I bought 7 boxes of Kleenex on sale for $0.89 each, 2 pkg of paper plates on sale for $0.99 each, and 2 cans of Axe body spray on clearance for $1.29 each. 

In my first transaction I bought the 7 boxes of Kleenex.  I used 2 $0.50/3 coupons.  My total for that order was $5.23.  It also triggered a $2 Register Reward to print for buying 7 Kleenex (7 was the magic # for the Register Reward to print).

In my next transaction I bought the 2 paper plates (used the "in-ad" coupon to make them $0.99 each), and the Axe Spray.  I had a buy 1 get 1 free for the Axe, and I used the $2 Register Reward from my previous transaction.  The total for this transaction as $1.68.
So, my total for everything in the picture was $7.47.  I am stocked with Kleenex for probably about a year.  Since Kleenex don't expire, that is great for me!  It may seem odd to buy 7 boxes of Kleenex at a time, but I only paid $0.46 each for them, and Kleenex are one of those things we are ALWAYS going to need.  So, it just makes more sense to buy them for cheap, than to wait and pay $1.99 at Wal-Mart for 1 box next time I am out.

I have had several requests for more detailed Walgreens posts, so I will try to share some here and there.  If you have questions, please just leave a comment!  I really do love to bargain shop!!!

No comments: